Contact IL legislators in support of safer highways!
In the last 8 hours, the Highway Safety Coalition has gained stronger momentum during veto session:
- We received endorsements by the AFL-CIO and Illinois Education Association
- We received a strong endorsement from Republican Senator Bill Brady saying "without licenses, our law enforcement officers cannot check their driving records, and without licenses, Illinois motorists are footing the bill for their uninsured motor vehicle accidents”
- We received an endorsement from Lt. Governor Sheila Simon saying "this bill is a proactive step to help guarantee the safety and well-being of all Illinois residents"
- We received a very favorable endorsement by the Chicago Tribune saying “Springfield can and should act now to grant driving privileges to illegal immigrants. Fewer unqualified drivers will mean safer roads for everyone”
- The Catholic Conference of Illinois, Archdiocese of Chicago, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois and the Jewish Council of Urban Affairs, were in Springfield today urging their legislators to support highway safety legislation
- Yesterday, over 1,000 members of the Highway Safety Coalition rallied with Assistant Majority Leaders Edward "Eddie" Acevedo and Dan Burke, Representative Lisa Hernandez, and Assistant Minority Leader Angelo "Skip" Saviano, and spoke to over 70 legislators about the highway safety legislation\
- Last night, ICIRR's CEO Lawrence Benito was on CLTV Politics Tonight talking about highway safety and debated the topic with State Representative Randy Ramey.